The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Recent Diagnosis...C.A.A.D.D

C. A. A. D. D.Recently, I was diagnosed with C. A. A. D. D. - ChildActivated Attention Deficit Disorder.This is how it manifests:I decide to do the laundry. As I start toward thelaundry room, I notice that there are cheerios allover the floor and my car keys are in the cereal bowl.I decide topick up the cheerios before I do thelaundry. I lay my car keys down on the counter, putthe cheerios in the trash can under the counter, andnotice that the trash can is full. So, I decide totake out the trash. But then I think, since I'm goingto be near the mailbox when I take out the trash I mayas well pay the bills first. I take my checkbook offthe table,and see that there is only one check left,my extra checks are in my desk in the office/playroom,so I go to my desk where I find a sippy cup full ofjuice.I'm going to look for my checks, but first I decide Ishould put sippy cup in the refrigerator to keep itcold. As I head toward the kitchen with the sippy cup,a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--theyneed to be watered. I set the sippy cup on thecounter, and I discover baby wipes that I've beensearching for all morning. I decide I better put themback in the bathroom, but first I'm going to water theflowers.I set the wipes back down, filla container with waterand suddenly I spot the TV remote, one of the kidsleft it on the kitchen table. I realize that when theygo to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote asthey fight over who lost it, but I won't remember thatit's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it backin the den where it belongs, but first I'll water theflowers.I splash some water on the flowers, but most of itspills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down,get some paper towels and wipe up the spill. Then Ihead down the hall trying to remember what I wasplanning to do.At the end of the day: thelaundry isn't washed, thebills aren't paid, there is a warm cup of juicesitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered,there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can'tfind the remote, I can't find the wipes, and I don' tremember what I did with the car keys.Then when I try to figure out why nothing got donetoday, I'm really baffled because I know I was busyall day long, and I'm really tired. Don't laugh-- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming.

5 comments:

miner6to1 said...

I was just telling Shaun The other day I feel like I live in the the book, If you give a mouse a cookie. I do the same things day after day.

Nichole said...

So is the life of a mother...would we have ever imagined we would clean up after so many messes all day long? I love being a mom...but could we please cut the messes to atleast 1/16!!!

Kristi said...

Oh I can SO relate!!!! The other day I was thinking I am always side tracked, I never am able to go do what I intend to do!

Jess and Jer said...

So that explains my days now ha ha. I know exactly how that feels!! Looks like the wedding went well, the skirts turned out super cute! Reading you blog always makes me want to take my kids to more things, you guys always do way fun things with your kids no matter where you are.

Kath said...

LOL!!!! I have that same condition, I am sure of it! I was just thinking about that a few minutes ago! How in the heck is everything still a disaster after working my tail off all day? Your post explains EXACTLY why! Love ya.