The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Toffee...yummy

We have been REALLY bored...I guess that being locked up in your house for a week straight can do that to you. Makena pulled out my recipe book & begged to make this toffee. I love Toffe & this is the easiest recipe! Really if Makena & I could whip it together anyone can!!! It was crumbly just how it should be!
Toffee Candy
1 c. Butter
1c. Sugar 2 Tbsp. Water
Stir Med./High. in sausepan until golden brown. Use a rubber spatula to pour into a BUTTERED jelly roll. Let it cool completely.
Chocolate Topping
12-16 0z. semi sweet & milk chocolate (Hershey or Giradelli...no chocolate with wax) Melt in microwave (stirring every minute). Once it is smooth pour over cooled toffee. Top with toasted nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, peanuts...or a mixture.)
Try it! It is easy and tastes so yummy. People will think you are amazing until you tell them this easy secret. Good luck!

No comments: