
John's B-day is the 11th & mine is the 13th so even though we celebrate it on the actual days...we also go out & celebrate together on the weekend! John is so creative that he has come up with some pretty cool things in the past (one year I had these 007 missions...I had to decode all these puzzles & then go in the back yard & shoot a target of a ox with a B.B.gun in order to obtain a food coupon....otherwise I wasn't getting dinner! I also had to get into the safe...where he had a tape recorder with specific instructions....he has led me all over town...to Alpine Slides...chair lifts, tram rides up the mountain side!!!) So this year I insisted on being the one to plan it! Mine was not nearly as creative!!! I still have yet to discover what Portland offers! But he did have to solve a puzzle to get us downtown...then to Congress Parking...into the underground Melting Pot (I thought this was really cool that it was underground!) During dinner he had to solve the next clue which took us to the Opening Night of none else than "007~Quantum of Solace"...I think we...or he has a little obsession with this whole "007" thing! After dinner we walked back to the Melting Pot for fondue dessert...the chocolate dipped bananas, strawberries, cheesecake, rice krispies,brownies...ohhhhhh I think I added an additonal 5 lbs. to the already 10 from Halloween!!! So my little clues weren't nearly as creative as his but I think he had a fun...now I have a year to plan for the next one!!! Downtown Portland was so alive...it is fun to be in the Big City and have the waterfront be right there...I LOVE Portland (minus all the liberals & tree huggers!)
No comments:
Post a Comment