And these are our "Button Cookies"...a big kick off to to our Button Incentive Program!
So I get to be in Activity Days which is one of the best callings ever. (Even better than YW...because it is only during the week and only twice a month...so Sundays I get to fo to R.S. which I Luv!!! And at this age you don't have to worry about the girls...they are all pretty good at his age & so excited!)
Anyway we decided to make a jean bag/purse so they could put their cute 3 ring binder in it that we made a few weeks ago. So 2 weeks ago we helped all the girls cut off their jeans sew them up...then braid three strips to make a cute handle...really easy because you just pull it through a little "X' hole and tie the end into knot...no sewing the handle on at all!!! So today was the 2nd part of our activity. We told them about our cute button incentive plan!!! So everytime they achieve a goal they have set..they get a certain colored button to sew onto their bag! Today everyone got a purple one because they had all sewed their bag 2 weeks ago! But some of the other girls got oodles of buttons for the goals that they have already achieved! I think in total we will give out 31 buttons to each girl by the time they move on to YW's!!! ?I think this is going to be really motivating. Makena came home today, went & sat with her scriptures on the front lawn & read...then she came in & made a weekly chart on things she wanted improve at...one for esch day! (I love how she is so self motivated!!! She has been trying alot more lately. She can usually tell when I am running around the house trying to get things done..like getting everyone in the car and she says "What can I do to help you mom?" (Sweet huh...but this can be a complete contrast to her split personality...oh yeah...she is my daughter!!!)
Can I say that I think we have some really cool leaders over Activity days. Everyone has contributed alot...but I'll tell you something that Christy W. will be the next YW Pres!!! She is so fun & creative. It has been really fun bouncing ideas off of her...and sinse she is 2 doors down we do alot of running back & forth!! Christy you are way cool!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Oh I miss you so much! Your kids are so cute and fun. Jake was looking at the pictures with me and he was sad.:( He misses his best freind Tanner. Okay - I know you are probably shocked, but yes -I actually blogged!
You blogged!?!? I just checked a few days ago & was so disappointed that July...(the kids B-days was your last post!) Yahoo!!! I am excited to see what you have been up to. I sure do miss you a TON!!! My kids have the pictures of them with Jake & Cortney in their rooms! They miss them too
Love the idea about the buttons and the bags...How cute! your so creative...I wish i was that way with my Young Women...it is a busy calling and a little crazy sometimes...thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment