The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Friday, October 24, 2008

My Ring

I finally feel like I am a married woman again!
So back when we were moving, I threw some laundry in the laundry shoot and my ring got caught on the door...I immediately looked down and my DIAMOND was missing! I looked on the floor...then searched in the laundry room. No luck! Panic...I searched off & on all day long (as I was in & out of the house running here & there...just another crazy day in the life of Nichole.) Finally took a minute to pray...searched again through the laundry...piece by piece...searched all the nook & crannies...and a little teeny tiny jewel was sitting on the floor...close to the drain!!!! Scary how thousands of dollars could go down the drain like that! I was shocked that I found it! Prayers are truely answered.
So fast foward...I sent it to the Jewlers who designed it 11 years ago! What a joke...owner died...son & daughter-in-law now do it! I sent off my ring & literally dozens of phone calls later...and run around...lies like they called & left a message on my home phone & cell phone...etc. how they are remodeling, they are busy & crazy with their personal life (I mean detail about the kids & remodeling) Anyway after nearly having to threaten them I received my RING...2 months later! (I should have taken it locally and gotten it reset in a few days!!) Anyway I no longer have to get the looks of a "single mom raising with 5 on her own" or weird guys at the grocery store that ask 'if we know eachother?" I am so glad to be married again!

1 comment:

miner6to1 said...

I just had to have my ring re-pronged because one prong broke off, Maybe there is something about rings after 10 years, maybe they don't make them to last that long since most people don't stay married anymore. Good thing we are the ones that do.