One of our favorite things about Oregon are the Blackberries that grow everywhere!!! So it is blackberry pickin' & eating season! Woodhaven has tons of bike paths in our neighborhood so almost every night the kids beg to go for a bike ride or walk. There are black berries all along the bike paths... but we found even a closer place....the street next to us has some vacant home sites where there is a ton of Blackberries! It is so nice to have them that close!
My proud pickers
This tuperware full of berries made 2 pies. They were so delicious. And I can't even take any credit. John did it all...he even called his mom to get her homemade crust recipe...which is to die for. I was so impressed he made it all himself. Mmmmm...we ate one pie & gave one to our neighbors next door who have been so nice to us (although personally I was hoping to keep it.)
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
It has been awhile since I checked on you! Looks like your settled now in Oregon! My hubby and son went there in June and slept in a tree house, wish I remember exactly where they went, I can find out!
Hope all is well for you and your family!
A tree house!!! How fun! Ya you will have to let us know where? We are loving it here. I need to check out your blog. I haven't been blogging forever!
The tree house is The Out & About Tree Resort in Cave Junction in Oregon!! They said it was tons of fun, fun for the whole family, like one big family camp! Let me know if you go!!
Thanks Autumn! That sounds like fun!!! We will have to check it out...I have no idea where Cave Juntion even is? I will have to google it or something...thanks!
BERRIES LOOK GOOD...HOPE YOU ARE SAVING SOME FOR OUR VISIT...MOM
Mom you are bloggin'!!!! The kids are loving the blackberries! They are right between our house and Joe & Stacy's....so the cousins have gone a few times together. We'll have to make a pie & freeze it for you! :) LOL
Post a Comment