The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Love At FIrst Sight

This entry is more for my own journaling & so my kids can know how their mom & dad met. So for all of you that hate this mushy gooshy stuff...well you better move on to the next blog! Eleven years ago I met the most handsome man I had ever laid eyes on. He was everything I ever wanted...yet I would have had no idea that I would be the lucky woman to marry this handsome steed. It was love at first sight. After our first date I told my mom that I wanted to marry him! I am sure she thought I was dilirious...which I was. We went out the day before Mothers Day (May 9th) and I met his family on Mothers Day...I knew he was the one! We spent every living second together & soon realized as most young couples do...why have a long drawn out engagement? That would be pure torture! (You know how it is...kind of like Bella and Edward...for all you Twilight Moms). Besides, each month either his family had something or my family did...so we were looking at a November wedding! Ugghh no way...too long and too cold. Besides both knew that it would be near impossible for us to make it that long...so we decided to speed things up a little and get married in 2 months! (Of course everyone was teasing us that there was a "bun in the oven". ) Sounds crazy but when you feel like you have known someone for Eternity & it seems right...well...why wait. We wanted to start our lives...John was 29, I was 23! (John's motto was/is "ANYONE can get married...it is getting married to the one you want to be with...for ETERNITY!) I still can't beleive that some girl didn't snag him before I came along! So we planned a wedding in a couple months...fromMay 9th-July 23rd! The wedding plans couldn't go smoother. It turned out so incredibly beautiful! I loved every minute of my wedding day. I loved feeling like The Princess! (I sure would love to relive it again...and of course I am completely quilty of having watched our wedding video just to reminencse of that day!) My patriarchial blessing says "In due time, the Lord will assist you in CHOOSING a companion to whom you shall be married and sealed in a Holy Temple, in the Lord's way." I never really realized what that word meant until I was at that point in my life. I know the Lord led me to him...and helped me CHOOSE him specifically.

No comments: