A beautiful day to surf. My brothers went surfing earlier in the day but the waves were way too big for me. So they took me to this beach which has a beautiful break outside and just perfect for beginners. Every once in awhile you get a great set rolling in. My dad has these great long boards that we used as kids. Did I say BIG and heavy! You can barely reach your arm around it to carry it. It was a long paddle out to the waves...I probablly wouldn't have made it out without the help of my brother Jared! He was great! When a big wave would come he would tell me to start paddling and then he would give me a big push! I caught 4 waves...three of which were beautiful...I stood up and rode the wave all the way in...only to have to paddle out again...it was very exhausting! I about died on the 2nd wave though...it was REALLY big & I was up on the nose too far...I "purled" it (I think it is a combination of "hurled" and "pounded") I felt the board nose dive and I did a complete somersault....my feet went down and hit the reef...& I was waiting to hit my head and drown! But I am a very determined woman so I popped up and paddled out to take some more abuse! Luckily the other waves were much kinder to me. Whewww that was scary...!
Growing up as the only girl with six brothers...you kind of do what they do!
Here we are: Jared, Me & Cameron
awwww the hardest part is paddling out...I forgot how much it takes to get out past the waves...and this surf spot is more for beginners...I can't imagine how they get out to the 6foot plus waves.
Jared was sweet every once in awhile he would give me a BIG push to get me out over the crashing waves.
Okay this picture is pretty pathetic. My personal photographer, my brother-Cameron, ran to buy some fish steaks for dinner and missed some of the good waves I caught! This picture is of the whitwash so I barely had enough umfff to stand up by the end. I wish he was there for the other waves because they were awseome! And I have no idea when I will get to surf again! Especially after hearing from my friend Thomas that a tourist drowned at this beach a few hours before we were there. (Glad I didn't know...I might have chickened out...a widowed husband and 5 motherless kids would be horrible.)





5 comments:
Mercy I am so jealous! That looks like so much fun! The last time I went to Hawaii (11 years ago) I stayed at the Grand Weilia...it's so awesome. Theron and I havn't had a vacation without kids in a long time. Fabulous that you went surfing! Wasn't it nice just to feel like you again?!
Well our weekends in May look pretty open. Both Drake and Bella have early soccer games every week, so pick a Saturday...if you have time...I know it gets crazy when you are trying to move! Later
Hawaii looks like so much fun. I wish I was there right now instead of in our Utah weather. Spring one day, Winter the next.
I am so jealous...I love Hawaii...and then you are headed to Oregon...my two favorite places on the planet! All I can say is, can we trade bodies? You look AMAZING in every picture! Aren't you supposed to have baby weight after five kids? Clearly not in your case. You look great.
P.S. When is the big move?
A trip with the hubby all by yourself is a DREAM!!! One that none of us get enough of!
My mom said it was rainy after we left...I guess we lucked out with great weather EVERY day we were there...sometimes you never know in Hawaii! Luckily it passes fast though!
Geeezz Kath...who is paying you? I would gladly trade bodies with you...Have fun looking for a place, packing & unpacking...I'll just be at the pool...oh ya speaking of...if we trade bodies do I actually GET YOUR BOD...okay...done deal!! (We were suppose to move the end of June...but things are moving along faster than we thought...so we will see!) I'll you know when we can do that body swap...hmmm tomorrow at 7am?!? (I hope it isn't as painful as that Freaky Friday body swap>)
Post a Comment