One of my favorite times of the year is Conference. My Mother-in-law and my sister-in-laws have a tradition where we take all the kids somewhere while
Gpa and the daddies go to Priesthood session. This time we chose Carl's Jr. for kids because it was next door to Cafe Rio! Well I got my kids all settled so I ran over to Cafe Rio to get the mommy food while my s-i-l watched my 5 kiddos! I had barely got the to go food when one of my s-i-
l's runs in and tells me Carter has cut his head! I wasn't sure it would be too bad but she said he
probably needed stitches. Oh my...he needed like 8 or 9!!! I guess his cousin was helping him in the
playland (we have so many kiddos that love to help with the twins!) And I guess his head hit the pole or something??? Anyway we sped off to the ER while everyone took care of my other 4!!! We got in and out in 1.5 hours! Amazing...we walked in and NO ONE was in the waiting room! Poor Baby...he was so good just running around and playing that is until they
papoosed him! He DID NOT like being strapped down. They didn't sedate him...just held his head and
wallla we were back on the road. Thanks to
Tiersa who took my kids home, bathed them...what am I going to do without these sweet ladies???

In the ER waiting room!!!!
Oh this was only part of the beginning of getting back from our trip! My m-i-l was so sweet to watch the whole gang so we could go....but while we were gone Kena got a fever...we ended up taking her to get a strep test which was POSITIVE!!! Then Carter's stitches! NO wait that isn't all. After priesthood session the men went to dinner like usual...John's bro, Steve runs to the bathroom and throws up....then that night John gets sick (I think that was maybe the 2nd time he has thrown up in 10 years!) Ohhh wait we are not finished....then Kiali comes in our room early in the morning and says she is cold...and throws up! (whether or not she had what John had or strep I don't know (yes I think strep can make you throw up?) Anyway everyone was fine my 8am..they just slept alot but no pukkies! (I hope I don't get it, I hate throwing up...I think I have thrown up only once since we have been married...and maybe on;y 8 times in my whole life!!!!) I think we are over it...everyone was back to normal yesterday...well lets hope so!) It was fast and furious! Wheeeeewwwwhhhhhh!
7 comments:
It sounds like you have had an eventful week. Do you think Carter will have a big scar?
I am happy that things seem to be working out the way they are supposed to regarding your move. Leave it to you to have already found friends and a group of women to hang out with. Sherwood looks beautiful and it looks like you and your family will be very happy there.
Horrible week huh!!! I sure hope it doesn't leave a bad scar! I sure hope things work out with the move. We know the Lord is very well aware of us. But as we all know prayers aren't always answered the way we think! We have had some really spiritaul experiences. I'll share later! I know He is aware of us. I love the Sherwood!
Poor guy! Trips to the ER are the worst. We had the flu over the weekend too. Yuck. Bring on better weather.
Thank you SOOOO much for having Brooklyn yesterday. I got so much packed without my little "helper". She loved being at your home. Hope she was good! Poor little Carter!!! Sounds like he was so brave. Yeah, they don't like being strapped down. Must be a pretty scary feeling. Glad you are all feeling better.
Oh man!! Carter's cut reminds me of a cut years ago that Kenly got when she fell in the shower. They ended up putting her out and she stopped breathing and turned blue!! Things obviously turned out though and you can hardly see her scar.
The place that you guys will be moving to looks beautiful. Just a little greener than Northwest Wyoming:-) I hope you love it there. Do you know when you are actually leaving? Amy and Kenly will be down in Utah this weekend for a Down Syndrome "High School Musical" dance and East High School. Kenly is so pumped!
Ok, so I caught up on your blog...though I already knew all of this. Ok, that picture of Carter is horrible. Poor baby! I am going to miss you when! What am I gonna do? I am so glad that you are able to move to a great place. A lot easier to move when you know how awesome the place it. As for the alone time with John....you get it again in a few days!!!! Then totally alone time, how much better does that get?!?!
Ya Challey, what is wrong...everyone we know has been getting sick way more this year...you're right we do need some better weather!!!
Janae~Brooklynn was a DOLL...she is welcome anytime! Let me know, we are taking off soon so maybe when we get back!
Mike~That is scary! A parents worst nightmare! That is great she gets to do a HSM dance! How fun! We are suppose to be in Or by July!!! It is going to happen way too FAST!
Bek~Promise to visit!!! In fact I am recruiting. You would LOVE this place. I bet Gus would be able to find a job there! I am so excited for some more alone time. Except it is hard to leave all these little ones. I was hoping 1 person the whole time...but farming them out works to...so much for planning that months in advance.
Post a Comment