The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Monday, April 7, 2008

"Perfectville"

Look at these cherry blossoms! This place is so beautiful and GREEN!
This is downtown Sherwood (a small town feel...I LOVE it.) This would be our church...you can't walk there (but we couldn't do that in Utah either!) Notice it says "Welcome to "YOUR" YMCA...we were going to stick with our franchise but it is a bit of a drive...and this one is literally down the raod!!! Beautiful tree lined streets...no leave...YET! :)
Everyone we know says this is a great place to live...actually it is rated the 18th best place to live in the U.S. And the school we want to go to (Archer Glenn Elementary) is # 8 or something! This place has tree lined streets...and tons of kids. The are going to have 4 elementaries, 2 middle school and 1 H.S!! But best of all in the small town of only 15,000 people there are 3 wards!!! Yep, isn't that crazy. One ward is 1.5 miles by .75 miles and it has 4 nurseries! Crazy you'd think we were in Utah! Okay our little LDS community is so small. I was making calls and told a lady I was from Utah..she asked if I was LDS...she wasn't but she gave me a list of ladies in her mothers group to call. I chatted with all of them of course...one guy was the son of a senior couple that I served my mission with (and he happens to be an attorney and was the founder/mayor of Sherwood!) And he actually went to BYU law school with John's boss Jesse! (Small world, huh!) Okay so we stopped to look at this really cute park down the street form a home we are looking at...it has 2 turf soccer fields, some spongy BB court, 2 crazy new play structures with new equipment that I have never seen, a water/shooting fountain area for kids and a sand area!!! I am telling you this place is so cute!!! You all need to move here! I love this place already! Okay so at the park I started chatting with these mom's about a preschool and lo and behold these ladies were LDS...a little mom's group at the park! And they knew a few of the people that we had recently met!!! I am telling you THIS IS THE PLACE!!!! Everyone says that they wished they had moved there sooner! It even has a Target' and Costco...what more could you want!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

O.K. I'm so jealous! It does look perfect! I'm so sad to see you go, I can't even think about it! We'll have to get together soon before it gets too crazy!

I tried e-mailing you those pictures, but it didn't work...I need Theron's assistance...I'll try to tonight!

Poor Carter! Hope he heals quickly!

See ya!