The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The MOST AMAZING Husband!!!

Okay, so the whole girls weekend wouldn't even be possible if it weren't for my wonderful husband. He keeps telling me to plan something and he would take care of everything else. Well like most of us mom's we just never get around to it. Life is busy! Anyway he was more than happy to take care of the kids! I was a little worried because Tanner had an early am...(well 10 am) soccer game and I thought it would be a pain to take all 5 kids there...to be on time and then to sit in the cold! But no one even complained! Can I just say...he should be a stay at home dad. He gets so much more accomplished than I do!
For starters...he had all 5 kids up, dressed and to the church by 8 am to clean the building! (I think I would have bagged the whole thing all together...with 5 perfect excuses.) Then John & the YM had plans to collect cans for the needy-- so he was planning on doing that as well until the bishop told him not to worry about it because they had plenty of drivers! Then off to get donuts for breakfast!!! They were at the field with time to spare...it was a cold day too...and with 5 little kids! Man did I marry a great guy or what! Then they went to get a movie!!! When I heard that he had taken all the kids to the church to clean and everywhere else I was shocked. I probablly would have canceled my girls weekend plans if I knew he had stuff going on! He reassured me over and over that it was fine and the kids were great for him. It was nice to go away and not have any quilt! It is so nice to know I don't have to have any quilt! And best of all the house looked great when I got home! I love this man....thanks honey!
This is Tanner and John after a Hunter Safety class last week. John and the YM have been taking a course (almost every Tues. and a few weekends) to get their certification! Tanner ended up not wanting to take the written exam but he loved shooting the guns. These are a few of the shells he kept after shooting! The rabbit has over a dozen of holes in it! Tanner was so proud of himself! One gun was so HUGE that they weren't expecting the kick it would make and it flew out of their arms!!! Crazy huh! I guess John will be able to hunt food for us if the end of the world comes!

6 comments:

Mindy and Marty said...

where is hotel manaco? am i dumb...is it famous? sounds sooo great....gno are the BEST...are those friends from high school? college? by the way i got rube's chair for her b-day at Downeast Outfitters ... it was like 30 bucks...nice

Nichole said...

No way I love Rube's chair. If you see one snag one for me...My babies LOVE to sit in chairs...but most are pretty wobbly...that one looks perfect.

Hotel Monaco is down town S.L. We were going to do Park City but it was nearly $300 for 1 night...this one was way cuter and much more reasonable. It is way cute. It is where they have done a lot of the law school get together parties...I bet you have been there. These are soem of my girlfriends from this ward. I think we should do a law school GNO...in Oregon!!!

brandy said...

Hi Nichole. This is Brandy Dunaway from the ward! I found your blog through Challey's blog! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. GNO are the best! I also wanted to say thank you to you and John for always giving us good law school advice! It's an exciting new chapter in our lives!!

Nichole said...

Hi Brandy! How are ya!?! I am so glad you found me on here. (Can I add you to my links?) How is the law school hunt going? Have you guys chosen a school yet? I thought John may have said Dayton? It is going to be so worth it. Hard...but worth it! Just make sure you get a good support system so you have girlfreinds to rely on. We treated it like a full time job. 8-5..then dinner and family time...then in the evening if he needed to study he could be at home with me (sometimes he would go back to school). Just get in with the girls in your ward and go to any and all of the law school parties. Ours had a family group and then they also had a J. Rueben Clark...a satelite from BYU! Hopefully they will have parties...that was my sanity...I would not have survived with out my friends. They are still some of my best freinds now!

Shannon said...

Your GNO looked like a lot of fun! Duane is like John. He is so willing to whatever needs to be done to make me happy and trust me that is A LOT! :) I used to think all husbands are like that, but I have relized that there are a lot out there that are not. We are very lucky and blessed to have husbands that worship the ground we walk on. :)

Nichole said...

It was a fun weekend...we should get a big group together and do it again before I am off to Oregon! We ARE so lucky! But I think most of us ladies are! And the crazy thing is we would have never really known when we first got married that they would be so wonderful & encouraging! (And I suppose the same is true for some who have hubbies who don't really encourage it...you just never know what you are getting when you get married!) I am more than pleased that he turned out as amazing as he has! Especially sinse we only knew eachother for 2 1/2 months before we got married! Gosh he could have been some abusive, pycho possesive cheating man! Scary!