
This was so embarrassing! I was making some bacon for one of those delicious salads with apples, craisons, green onions, celery and yummy dressing. I put the bacon in the oven on a broiler pan like I ALWAYS do. But after being in there a few minutes I saw smoke coming out of the oven...Yikes! I opened up to a big puff of smoke...then I noticed that a few bacon pieces were hanging over the edge a bit dripping gease...causing it to burn and therefore smoke! That is when the alarm started going off. John and I had tried to replace the old smoke detectors but they were all wired in..not sure if they worked or not, so we just put the new ones up. Anyway the old ones and the new ones BOTH work. Which is great EXPCEPT for the fact the old ones are connected to a SPRINKLER SYSTEM!!! Yep this house has a sprinkler system! Crazy huh? Anyway I run over to the alarm system and see that it is indeed reading soemthing about the SMOKE DETECTORS! I plugged in our alarm code and it wouldn't disarm! Yikes...I am going to ruin the whole house & all our furniture because of some stupid bacon smoke!!! My kids thought I looked pretety crazy as I was running around yelling..."OPEN ALL THE WINDOWS!!!" "OPEN ALLL THE DOORS!!!" Then the whole house started BLARRING the BURGLAR (now SMOKE alarm) for everyone within a two mile radius! Man that thing is loud! I ran down stairs to the basement to find that the sprinkler system had not yet went off! Whew!!1 Then ran to unplug the whole dang system....CLOSE CALL! (FYI a guy at our ward party...who must have been a mischievious teenager told me they only go off if someplastic things melts...so sinse it was smoke and not a true fire we were okay! Good to know so I don't have a near anxiety attack again! Atleast I didn't calll 911 this time....he he he!)I need to read the Homeowners Manual...wherever that is!?!
1 comment:
Ah! I felt panicked just reading your post!
Post a Comment