The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Friday, February 29, 2008

10 Fashion Tips ...Nichole's Fashion 411

These are a few of my favorite jeans! Okay so I still have 2 other tags to reply to...I just can't keep up with this blogging world. Brittany has said it all! So can I just copy/paste it right into my blog!?! What more needs to be said! Some of my favorite shoes...The brown wedge with a bow and the brown Roxy. Love the leporad/cheetah (???) shoes too! It use to look trashy to me but know I LOVE it! Maybe I just turned trashier..is that a word? Anything ANIMALISH! ZEBRA, SNAKE, CHEETAH. Use headbands, belts, jewlery, shoes, bags..anything to spice up life a little. It just makes me feel like an animal and John loves it...just kiddin' He he he! Nichole's Fashio 411: 1. "Muffin Tops" a Fashion Faux Pa...it looks awful. Get the pant to fit so you aren't hanging over the top...or do a billion and two sit ups (just kidding). Even thinner girls can get this if their jeans are tooo tight! I have to admit I had a pair of jeans that I was too big for and this was a problem....so what did I do I went and bought 5 jeans a little bigger and they are making me look AWFUL...I look 10lbs. heavier....and they are falling 3 inches below my crotch. I wish I would have not wasted the $. Next time I will leave the tags on for awhile or just buy one pair that I REALLY want! Experience learned! Jeans need to be just perfect...not too tight, not too loose! And I hate when they make you look like you have a weaner...why do they make them baggy in the front? As if you are hiding a bag of marshmellows or something! It is worth the investment to get a good jean!!!!Speaking of, Britt I need you to go shopping with me! I need some jean advice. 2. Make sure you get comfortable clothes...not frumpy...just ones you can move in and function in everyday life with. Not too tight...or too loose. Baggy clothes are worse...they just make you look 10 lbs. heavier. Choose shirts that are slimming...let them follow your natural curve. Curves are great! You don't have to be a skinny minny to wear a form fitting/slimmming shirt ! If you wear a shirt that doesn't go in at your waist you just look square=FATTER! 3. Umm the worst is peoples underwear hanging out! This goes for the little G-strings or for those of us with big G's!!! You see this is Utah way to much...a lady leans over to get soemthing and her big white garm bottoms are half way up her back....this means you NEED smaller garms. Beleive me, it looks awful on the girls who are purposely trying to show their tiny little panties BUT even worse on the ones who seem to not even care that their garms are bunched up and hanging out htat back of their pants! 4. Cleavage is fine but purposely hanging them out and over the top of your shirt... this just looks plain trashy. Or for those that are smaller chested just get a good padded push up...it will make you look so much curvier! And no one will never even know (FYI...they make some of these in bathing suits too!) It has been said before a good bra does wonders. One that is not too big or too small..."boob fat" and "back fat" is plain yuk...a bigger bra would look much better. I like Victoria's Secret IPEX...I get cold alot and now no one knows! Plus it just rounds out your boobs and gives an added lift. They will even find the right one for you! 5.Shoes....don't wear heavy clunkers...they will make you look so oafy. A cute (hopefully comfy) pair of heels makes your legs look long and lean even when they really aren't. (I'm not saying stilletos just a classy sophisticayed heal) For some reason it gives your half a raise making your leg look slim and tone! Even flip flops come in a heal. I love Roxy's..Last year I got some basic ones that I wore with everything now they have the Ciao Bella. I love flats but I feel so much thinner if I give myself some height! I can't pull it off yet and I am 5'8"! I just feel short and frumpy maybe it will grow on me. That is the same reason I agree with Brittany on tennis shoes. They are for running or at the gym...not running errands, shopping, the mall or even the park. We are moms but we don't have to look frumpy. 6. I love something classy and either dark chocoalte brown or black...not to be confused with gothic! Darker colors are slimming..they just take off POUNDS! Wear the dark colors in your problems area...if your heavy on top where a darker shirt. If your are pear shaped wear dark jeans, slacks, or shorts! Wild and busy shirts are great but be careful with big prints...it just accentuates (sp?) the bigger areas. ALWAYS use caution with prints, stripes, etc. 7. Dress it up with something! A bag, earrings, necklace or braceletss. Color is great to accessorize with. Wear the hot pink, orange...turqoise or yellow...with your accessories. I feel bigger if I wear these colors in my clothing too much...it almost draws attention and isn't always flattering. I need to experiment and try but whenever I buy something bright like that it just sits in my closet! Experiment and use accessories with different outfits. Get a friends advice! 8. 9. Make up is a must. Even a little! I know girls at church that are really pretty but you would NEVER know because they are so Plain Jane. I bet if thet put a little color on they would be gorgeous (as Kiali would say "half beautiful-half gorgeos".) I think we would all be surprised at how amazing they could look. Important: If you have to leave your house for an early car pool and you never made it to your makeup...well throw on a pair of big sunglasses...it not only covers your eyes but half your face as well... and no one knows you haven't put your makeup on yet. Hair is another must...do something with it! 10. Carry yourself with confidence! If you can do this you can pull anything off! When I lived in Peeperwood I use to get compliments on shoes, clothes, and jewlery. Funny thing is I rarely shopped where they shopped so they had no idea I was wearing something that didn't cost me an arm and a leg...it use to crack John and I up. One time a lady asked me about a shirt and I honestly couldn't even tell her where I got it because I didn't even know if she had heard of the store...ya know Target! You can find great things at TJMaxx, Ross, Feline's Closet (back East)...but you have to search....I haven't had time recently (um the past few years) to search there but if you pair it with other things people just assume you know what you are doing! Hold your head high, smile and walk with grace! Okay this was good for me...I am currently working on all 10 of these! I am by far not the Fashion Diva but this is my Fashion 411!

6 comments:

The ZamFam said...

Gus just looked at this post and said, "Wow she writes like she talks!" How funny is that. You have lots of news posts...I can't keep up! Your babies are so big and freaking adorable. I love them. We will have to go to the dinosaur park. D would love it!

Steph said...

I can't keep up with you girl!!! Looks like you've had some good times! Love the fashion tips - and I'm working on the 2 million sit ups!

Nichole said...

Let me know when you want to go to the museum! I have posted way too much lately. Maybe I need to get a life! either that or clean my house! Steph ig only you would come to my gym than we could still be Workout Buddies! I sure miss a consistent everyday pal! I am tempted to be a trader and just go to your gym so I can see you again. I am not motivated to go at 5:45 in the morning anymore...how did we ever do that. What time are you going now?

Nichole said...

Oh that wasn't piglatin...it was meant to sat "IS" not "IG"

Kath said...

You are so cute. And ALWAYS look so cute. You totally need to be my personal fashion consultant! I was excited to see though, that we have some of the same shoes!!!

Nichole said...

Hey I didn't see your comment here! Okay you are too nice. I feel like a mom! Actually, I think I need your fashion help! Funny that we have some of the same shoes! I knew you had good taste!!!