The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Friday, November 30, 2007

Home Again

Well we are home....ahhh...it is nice to sleep in my own bed. Malia was at the hospital so I was the lucky one to spend the night with her. It was awful!!! We had to share a room with a 'lil baby girl who had no mommy or daddy there :( Actually the baby was fine...it was her obnoxious nurse. Our nurses were fabulous but the nurse taking care of the baby was a BEAST! She would body slam the door each time she came in. Ya...in the middle of the night! One time she barged in, ripped back our curtain to plug in a machine that was beeping. I felt like we were on ER and she was going to revive my daughter. Dumb lady...all the other nurses thought she was lame too. She definetly needed to learn some nursing ettiquette or atleast comon sense and respect! Well after a very rough night I begged our doc to let us go home sinse Maila was doing fine. One night was enough for me...I can't imagine staying for 2 or 3 days without body slamming that nurse!!! Sorry I forgot my camera so I have no pics of the eventful daySo we are home. Home sweet home. She is doing great...Thank you for helping out with our other kids, all your concern, phone calls, prayers and meals! Keep them comin'... just kiddin'!

8 comments:

Kath said...

What was wrong with cute little Malia? I'm glad she is OK. I will keep her in my prayers anyway!

Nichole said...

She got a bladder infection this summer and after an ultrasound they realized that her ureters (the tube between the kidneys and bladder) weren't far enough in..causing reflux. So they had to reattach them deeper into the bladder. She is doing great. She was jumping around in her crib like a little monkey the same night she had surgery??? Crazy, huh? I guess morphine can make you feel pretty good. Anyway she is doing fabuolous. She was suppose to stay 2-3 days but we left less than 24 hrs. after the surgery. Hopefully it did the job! And everything heals okay. As long as she has pain meds you wouldn't know she had surgery...but as soon as they wear off she gets pretty cranky and jealous (more like MAD) if I hold Carter. Thanks for your prayers.

Steph said...

I hope she is still doing good!!! It was so fun to have Tanner over. My kids didn't want him to go home! My Tanner was in the bathroom when your Tanner left, when he came out and found out he was gone, he just started crying!! So we need to have him over again! I hope everything is going good and you are getting some sleep! Let me know if you need anything!

Nichole said...

Steph~You are an awesome friend for having him over. He had a GREAT time...just like the good 'ole days. Your lil' Tanner is so darn cute. How sweet of him. We really need to get these boys together again. I am so sad we can't send them down the bike path anymore...that sure made play dates easy! Tanner misses Jake, he asks about him all the time. (And Makena misses Cortney too)

Hey on a completely different subject...are you guys going to Jeff & Jacqui's Christmas party...I saw you were on the E-vite? I sure hope you do. I don't get to see you everyday...I miss you work out buddy.

Call me & let me know if those things we were talking about the other day resolved themselves??? Let me know if there is anything we can do to help you guys!

Brit H. said...

So glad to hear that Malia is doing well. Hey, are you doing any vinyl lettering anymore? My sister was interested in ordering a couple of things. Let me know! Thanks!

Nichole said...

Hey Brit~ How are ya? I just actually started doing some vinyl in October. I took a little break to focus on the bebes but I have actually started taking a few orders again. I've only done a few Enrichments...just mostly personal orders. If she still wants some let me know soon so I can get them done before the crazy holidays hit! As if they haven't hit!?! :)

Steph said...

Thanks Nicole, you made me smile :)
We have a ward party Sat night too but I think it will be over by 7:30 so I think we will come up when that one is over. We could probably be there by 8! But Porter might be out of town, so I'm not sure what I will do then! Last year I went to their party alone, and I don't really want to do that again! But we'll see!

Brit H. said...

Ha ha. K, I will email you. Thanks!