The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Friday, December 26, 2008

This was the funniest trip!!!

5 seats in a row....what a miracle for buddy passes!!!!
So after cleaning up after a big day of presents & getting everyone packed we fell into bed at 12pm...only to wake a few hours later to load the kids into the car. We had snow tires on the car but we no longer needed them once we got out of the neghborhood, so we pulled into the parking lot & took them off. The drive to the airport was a breeze...until we pulled into long term parking. The snow was hard,icey & crunchy. Pulling in the parking spot we got stuck...burnt rubber until John got out & pushed...we were crooked so we had to push back out so we could straighten and not take up two spots. It was really early in the a.m. & pitch black. We put babies in the stroller & unloaded the car. Only to realized we had 5 bags, 1 large duffle bag, 2 car seats & one booster...and we had to figure out how to get to the main road so we could catch the shuttle. Each of us took our suitcase & tried to drag it threw the snow...we were not very successful. I kept thinking I am so glad I am not a pioneer! I put down my suitcase & started running...yes running with all my strength to push the stroller through the ruts of frozen hard snow. We only needed to get 4 or 5 cars to the main road. I had to make it in three trips...once to get the little girls out there...then the babies...then me with my suitcase & Kiali's (John had gone ahead with Tanner so he could come back & help us.) Once we were all out we started booking it towards the shuttle...I was literally running with the stroller and carrying my suitcase & Kiali's...I guess the adrenaline kicked in! I have no idea how I did it but I bet it looked pretty funny. All I could think is this is crazy...I should be in bed...we are probablly going to miss the plane now anyway! A nice guy jumped off the shuttle & helped us get evverything on. Fortunatly there were only a few people on the shuttle but they kept commenting on how everyone was smiling & not crying...I think they were in shock that we had ripped them out of their beds at 4 in the morning! It couldn't have gone smoother...no one was crying...we scanned our tickets...checked our snow clothes in the duffle...ran through security & got to the gate just in time. They handed us our tickets and said that a family of 5 didn't check-in in time so I think we got their seats!!! It was so nice to get on that plane & sit down! Whew!!! (The flight there was great...once we got out of the parking lot...I can't say so much for our trip back...check that post on Jan. 4th & 5th) Ahhh we made it to Utah...a little tired but it was worth it to risk the early morning flight!

No comments: