This is my favorite time of the year!!! I love it so much that we put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving & we leave it up until New Years! Yes we have been doing this for years...I completely confess..we have been using a fake tree!! For the first couple years we bought a tree...what a mess...strapping it on the car, hauling it in the house, sap, pine needles everywhere...then cutting the end,getting it to stand straight, watering it, hoping it won't catch on fire...then having to take it all down before you drive off to visit family so it doesn't spontaneously combust, vaccuuming...then jumping in the car! Whew! Then one year my parents gave us their tree because they had bought a new one...I was against it at first because we had always had a REAL tree growing up & I thougtht fake trees were lame...that is until I realized how great they were...easy & NO maintainence. My parents tree was great but last year we ended up getting our own thanks to good ole Costco...our prelite tree was up in no time at all and it gets to stay up for a long time...no mess, no fuss, no fire! ONE Teeny Tiny Drawback...no fresh pine scent...but thanks to the Body Shop (or Bath & Body) we can burn the scent of Christmas, Cranberries,Cinnamon, etc! I highly recommend it...even if you get harrassed by all your Oregonian friends....aren't they all suppose to be tree huggers anyway...I guess Christmas has it's exceptions! he he he!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I totally agree about the artificial tree! We have had real ones and they are such a hassle! I hope to get a nice pre-lit one for next year!
Post a Comment