The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Husband Tag

  1. Where did you meet? We first saw each other at church...then again at the gym...hubba hubba! I had just gotten off my mission, living in Hawaii & praying about where I should be & what I should be doing. When "Utah" was my answer. I had no idea why???...but that is where I moved as soon as that semester was over! I had no idea I would meet the man of my dreams that soon!!! Iwasn't really prepared to meet him or get married that fast...but that is where the Lord wanted me. (It was an answer to my prayers, his prayers & his moms...we always joke that she gets what she prays for...and she did...she prayed me there!!!)
  2. How long did you date before you got married? Ummm first date was May 9th or 10th (the day before Mother's Day) and we got married July 23rd...so if you do the math 2 1/2 months!!! It was fast & furious...but we knew it was right...wanted to get married in the temple & figured why wait! (His family had things going on every month..so it was going to push us back to November!!! There is no way we wanted a Winter wedding & we knew that just wouldn't be "smart"...so the only other date was July...we totally jumped in front of his sister who was getting married in Aug...she was not too happy about it but she wouldn't even be getting married if it were not for John introducing her to his room mate! Years later I think she has forgiven us....sometimes you can't plan marriages, pregnancies, b-days, etc...around everyone else! A few years after we were married I was looking at my mission papers. I didn't even realize that we had gotten married a year to the day that I was released from my mission! It was completely unplanned...my companions said I would be married in less than a year & I bet that it would not be for atleast 1 year..so none of us really won the bet!
  3. How long have you been married? 11 wonderful years (I can't imagine anyone any better for me... than him!) Marriage is never "easy" but with him it is "enjoyable"! He is such a great husband always caring about me...helping me...encoraging me to do things....whatever it is he makes the sacrifice. I couldn't have drempt of a more amazing man!
  4. What is your favorite feature of his? That is not a fair Q...his nice butt, his arms...his smile...his eyes...I love that he is tall so I feel petite around him...I Love it ALL!!!
  5. What is your favorite quality of his? He is so optimistic about everything...he never complains about anything or anyone. ..he just does everything happily! He loves to serve others & helps others to feel good about themselves. He is always helping me around the house...and never complains a bit...that is his BEST quality...he just doesn't know how because it never crosses his mind!
  6. Does he have a nickname for you? Babe...or Hottie
  7. What is his favorite color? BLUE...for BYU (but he looks really good in red too)
  8. What is his favorite food? Anything home cooked! Lasagna...or a nice roast dinner....meat is always a hit! But I think he would eat breakfast for every meal as well! He loves sweets..cake, cookies, anything you can DUNK...yes he has taught all our children this little trick!
  9. What is his favorite sport? Football...then basketball!
  10. 1st Kiss...When & Where? 2nd date...I had just met his family (Mother's Day). We were sitting in the gazebo in the back yard talking for hours. His mom went to a meeting...and came back and we were still in the gazebo. I guess she was inside "spying" on us! His mom was so thrilled she was calling all the s-i-l's!!! I asked if they could see us & John said "oh no" but the next day his mom said "It was so sweet how she was carressing your face!!!" Ahhh I was so embarrassed that I almost fell on the floor & crawled under the seat of his car!!! Okay so lucky we didn't kiss right then...because the whole family would have known! But it was later that night...it was probablly 2 0r 3 in the morning when he dropped me off at my house . It was the BEST kiss ever! John still talks about the "street lights"!
  11. Fun thing to do as a couple? Date night!! Anything with just the two of us! Somewhere where we can talk & it is like it was when it was just the 2 of us!!! We love to do things in the outdoors...camping, hiking, biking...anything! I love when he plans these scavenger hunts for me...I have to solve all these problems & accomplish all these things before I find out where we are going for dinner, dessert, or activites. I love how he surprises me...he is super creative.
  12. How many children do you have? 5...Makena (9),Tanner (7), Kiali (5), Malia & Carter (soon to be 2!!!)
  13. Hidden Talent? I think it is doing nice things for others with no strings attached!!! And baking...he has become quite the little expert lately!!
  14. Who said I love you first? I think it was said at about the same time!!!
  15. How old is he? 41 Today!!! But no one believes him...he looks and acts much younger than other people that are in their 40's!
  16. What do you admire about him? His patience with me, the kids, everyone...he never gets bugged! He is one of the nicest guys ever. Everyone loves him!
  17. Do you think he will read this? Probablly not...he is not into blogging...but I wish he did so he would know how wonderful he is and how IN LOVE I am with him! Happy Birthday Johnny Boy!!!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Nichole....Happy bday to you, happy bday to you, happy bday dear Nichole, happy bday to you!!!! Are you finally in your 30's now???? I was just going to call you but I don't have your new phone #'s - I don't know why not- I thouht I had them. I hope you have a wonderful day. :) Call me - since I can't call you.

Steph said...

Are you alive? I can't seem to get a hold of you. I want to know what fun things you did for your bday.

Nichole said...

Steph..you are so sweet! John said you were trying to get ahold of me on my Bday! Our phone had some issues that day but is now fixed!

It has been busy...we went to OMSI..then celbrated with family..then GNO at Cheesecake Factory. Then I have just been busy planning for a vinyl lettering party...& a scavenger huny Bday for John at Melting Pot & the 007 movie... then the next night we went to a murder mystery Party!!! I am EXHAUSTED! I need a break from this busy week! I will post the details!

We need to talk...how are you!?! I miss you Steph...wish I was still around to hang out with you & the girls! :) LOL

Mindy and Marty said...

how fun to learn those things about good 'ol john.. what a stud he is...

still think it's funny that you know Jacqui and jeff too...small world...