In Utah we always went to Gma's for a big Sunday dinner. Now that we are in Oregon...we feel like we have so much time on our hands. We have been enjoying dinners with Joe,Stacy, & the cousins, making pies, cinnamon rolls, family walks through the neighborhood & bike trails....except now we can add sewing to the list! Oh did I say take a nap....Sunday naps are heaven.
Funny thing was on conference Sunday we made about 8 plates of cinnamon rolls to deliver to friends in the ward & we literally couldn't get rid of these fresh hot out of the oven... yummy..ooowweyyy...goooeyyyy mouth watering...melt in your mouth beautiful cinnamon rolls. A ton of people must of hit the road after conference or something because hardly anyone was home...oh yeah maybe they have FAMILY here!!! (Or maybe they just ditched conference & went tothe beach!!!)
Funny side note: Makena insisted on pulling the rolls in the wagon...I of course didn't want her to because I knew she would get sick of it after about 5 or 10 min & we would get stuck pulling it! She was a trooper for most of the time but Daddy of course came to her rescue as he always does & pulled it for her because it was "loud & giving her a headache when the wheels went over the sidewalk....ba BUMP...ba BUMP..ba BUMP" (hmmm mom always knows best...why do they never listen!!! I just wanted to say"I told you so"....but I bit my tongue!)





4 comments:
That is so sweet of her to make one for her sister. You are such a cute family. I am glad everything worked out for you to come here. Next time you need somewhere to drop off cinnamon rolls...
Um ya you made those sound really good. Now I am craving one. You guys do have a great family. I'm glad I am getting to know you through VT. I think I would like to learn to make a purse like that.
Cute bag can you send me the pattern.Sarah would love it.
Kelly..I am glad we know that there is someone out there who would want cinnamon rolls! Next time we get bored on Sunday :)
OK..as for the bag...there is no pattern. Jeans...you just zip up & button & then cut off legs and then sew just the bottom of the jean. Then put a "x" slit on each side of the waistband (with scissors) for the handle. The handle is made of three long strips of jean...from the legs...braided together.) You slide it through the "x" in the jean and tie a knot...do the same to the other side. EASY!!!
As for the little heart purse...I just cut out a hand drawn paper (on butcher paper...pinned it & cut. Then the handle is the same way...we just cut three strips.) It doesn't have to be perfect at all...the strips all mesh together so you can't even see if they are all jagged!) Does that make sinse? If not call me or email me! :) It was fun & easy!
Post a Comment