The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Friday, October 31, 2008

I LOVE FALL

Fall is here & it is beautiful. I grew up in Southern CA & then in Hawaii...And I don't remember fall being like this. All the trees have turned yellow, orange, red, purple...Breathtaking! We have had a fun yet busy fall. It hasn't really even rained this fall. (I am sure this is a fluke). We have enjoyed bike rides, walks, carving pumpkins, pumpkin patches, Halloween Parties...and even Dinner in a Pumpkin (thanks to John who is always so adventurous!)
It was so warm this year that the pumkins we carved didn't last until Halloween. They started to MOLD inside...they looked so disgusting that we threw them away a couple days ago...so we just have they ones we didn't carve this year! (But I would take fungus filled pumpkins & good weather over beautifully carved pumpkins in the cold! We never had this happen in Utah!) I guess this long warm fall does have a draw back...MOLDY PUMPKINS!!!

1 comment:

tclybb said...

I have to tell you, this year, we had the same kind of weather. It was so warm, no one had to wear jackets over their cute costumes. I don't think I saw many carved pumpkins that weren't sagging and moldy because of the warm. The colors are so pretty up there!