The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Our First Day in Wailea, Maui!

Checking in the the Grand Wailea! We got LEI-ED!!! If you get the opportunity this is a great hotel! Check out www.grandwailea.com. this place has amazing pools, tons of jacuzzis, a lazy river and water slides that connect different pools! What a blast...I felt like a kid again! It actually reminds me of the Westin (now Marriott on Kauai) As teenagers we snuck into their pool on a weekly basis, roamed the gardens and luxurious lobbies and sitting areas throughout the massive place...or should I say PALACE!
This was the view from our room. It was really unique! We had our own balcony with this little backyard/grass area...I have never seen that before. They had these big sliding doors that you could open the whole room to the balcony! The view of the ocean was so beautiful and the best part was that it was so private...it felt like it was just the two of us! Every morning we woke up to birds chirping and flying around and breakfast on the lanai! An evening stroll on the beach! Ahhh my feet in sand! I was surprised that the weather was pefect for the whole 10 days we were in Hawaii...they had some cloudy weather the week before...but it couldn't have been better weather...you just never know what you will get! Ahhh!!! We are off to Kahului, Maui for a week with the firm...a little R&R! Our trip couldn't have started off better! Early morning but sinse they flew us 1st class it was so comfy and amazing! The flight attendants came by immedately to serve drinks...then a nice dinner on REAL plates with REAL silverware!!! I have never been so attended to! 1st class for a LONG trip was fabulous!

No comments: