The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Valentines!

My kids were so excited that school was postponed 2 hrs. on V day!!! That was the first time they have ever done that because of snow...and I have no idea why. The roads weren't any different than usual!?! but it gave me a little time to pull together their V-DAy breakfast! It was pretty interesting...it consisted of homemade cinnamon rolls with Valentine sprinkles, a red hard bolied egg (I know it isn't Easter but I couldn't bare choking down red scarmbled eggs), pink strawberry yogurt and pink strawberry milk...interesting mix but like I said in my last post...all my creative juices disappeared this week and I was lost! Most of all they loved it. What a fun day! Don'y you love these bed heads crawling out of bed!!! John has been pampering me this whole week...I feel so spoiled by all his attention. I think he couldn't stop at one day. I completley benefited because he is such an opportunist, he couldn't handle it only lasting 1 day!!! He had so many ideas...I wish I had his creativity! We have been married 10 1/2 wonderful years and I am still in love with this man. But who wouldn't be!?! I have no idea how I was the lucky one to marry HIM! I really have married above myself. I feel so lucky to be loved by him! And in love with him! I just have to say, we are so lucky to have such wonderful husbands. Every single one of my friends has married a good guy. I am so glad that we have all been so blessed with such amazing men in our lives who do amazing and selfless things for us everyday! I hope all of you had a wonderful V-day!!!

7 comments:

Kath said...

You and John are so cute. I have thought that since clear back in law school. You can just tell you are totally in love. My creativity was completely non-existent this year, too...bummer. I did pull of a V-Day dinner for the kids (Cody was out of town.) We had pink spaghetti (looked gross, tasted good) heart shaped Jello jigglers, etc. The kids loved it.

Nichole said...

Kath~ What are ya talking about!!! YOu are the one that use to give me all my ideas (with the help of your friend Steph??? Who I have never met but know she is amazing!)

John still remembers the whole cow girl thing! And has an infatuation with chaps for some weird reason!!! He he he! I may need to borrow those again for old time sakes!

You dinner sounded cute. I know I had a hard time doing the food coloring this year...even though it tastes the same it just looks so yuk! The jigglers sound cute!

Well we need to brainstorm for some good hubby ideas! Maybe when you come up in in March...any days set yet???

moodymadness said...

Nichole, quit making my husband look like a schmuck! JK - I knew exactly what I got myself into when I married him! A kiss and "go buy yourself something but don't spend more than $.99!"

Nichole said...

Whatever Chris is awesome! Besides I think he allows you $1.99 now! They all have their strengths...for example Chris knows exactly where every dime is spent and you will never be in debt...on the other hand I could get us in to ALOT of trouble and John would never ever have a clue!!! You have a very wonderful hubby! Besides you are so fun and creative that you make up for it! I love ya Missy....and miss you too. Come visit us!

The ZamFam said...

John is awesome! He is such a sweet guy. I love all the things he did for you. Aren't you glad you married a guy who does these romantic things for you. Love it!!

Emily said...

Nicole you are beautiful! Such a cute couple! John...you are beautiful too. hee hee

Nichole said...

He is beautiful isn't he!!! But hey aren't all our hubbies! We are all sooo lucky to have good looking and amazing husbands!!! I think we have all just married real good guys! Which makes marriage so wonderful and much easier if they weren't! Love it!