The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Monday, December 10, 2007

Family Yard Work

Okay I am way behind in my blog. This was right before Thanksgiving sometime but it was a monuemental event so I have to post this. We couldn't even see our grass when we started. But 21+ bags later we can now see green grass! The kids were amazing! I told then I'd give them .25 cents a bag. These kids cost me $2.50 each...I guess it was cheap labor $7.50 total?

Check out all those bags of leaves

My little Workers
This was the best babysitter ever. While we raked leaves the babies crawled around on the tramp. They loved it!!!
John got smart he started using the leaf blower to blow them in a pile... or just into the horse field?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI! I am finally getting back to you...sorry, I was so excited to see that you found my blog from Amy and commented because I've been wondering how you've been doing...I can't believe how grown up you kids are!! Kiali was a BABY when I saw you last... and Tanner/Makena were little and I read their little scripture stories to them before bed..remember when I would sit for you? how funny to have kids of my own now...I CANT believe you have twins ...they are soo dang cute...how in the WORLD do you have time to do anything?!! you must be seriously superwoman...I can barely get out of the house with 2 kids...just two! honestly...it's crazy and you seem to pull off being skinny, beautiful and well groomed gorgeous kids! anywho that is so awesome and I would love to see you guys in person one day...now I can at least keep up on you blog....remember when I did that stiching with you and made my mom a sign that had the "Be's" by Pres. Hinckley...she still loves that sign..funny huh, have a good day...mindy

Anonymous said...

nichole,,,,hi! what a surprise to get a comment from you...how fun! how in the heck are ya...marty told me a couple times he ran into your hubby and said that you had twins.... can't believe it!! how do you do it!! i can barely manage TWO kids, literally, barely manage!! and you somehow stay sane, gorgeous, skinny and keep your kids well groomed and beautiful...how fun for you guys to have such a great family, i bet it keeps life hopping! remember i would sit for you and kiali was a BABY,,, wow time flies..it would be fun to catch up with you and hang out in person...maybe one day? that would be great...you and john were so nice to us and i loved you kids they are all sooo cute. i can now at least keep in touch thru your postings! yeah...

Anonymous said...

sorry for a third comment but i didn't think it posted the first time... how corney am i? anyway they both said basically the same thing just mixed up a bit...whoops so there you go 3 comments from me! do you feel special?

Anonymous said...

The joy of having trees! Wish we had some. Isn't kid labor the best! Aimee

Nichole said...

Where does the time go!?! It may seem weird for you to hear we have 5 kiddos...but I was shocked to hear you have TWO! And they are so adorable! I bet you are the best mom! You were such a great babysitter...even back then you (and especially Marty) seemed so baby hungry! I cant wait to see your little ones!

As for the kids you just take them one at a time (or in our case 2 at a time!) I use to think how will I do 1...then 2...then 3? I am sure you felt the same way...now look at you with two! In a few years when you have 7 kids you will think wow 2 wasn't as hard as I thought it was!

Okay you have an amazing memory (mine is shot) I forgot about teaching you how to do stiches! Well now you know I have more patterns and friends with even more! And did Aimee tell you, that I do vinyl lettering here & there? I thought I'd start a blog with crafty crap!

I am so glad to hear you are doing well. I love checking out your blog! We should get together sometime! Keep in touch~Nic

Nichole said...

If between now and when you get you yard put in....if you ever feel the itch to work in a yard...we have a few acres! Those leaves were from the backyard ONLY! That is not including the whole area along the side of our driveway (which is way bigger than most yards) or the FRONT yard (luckily the trees are up by the fence line!!!) Anyway John is excited for Winter! Feel free to come over anytime. In fact were we talking about this SAturday? Lets do it at our place and we will have a yard cleanup...ahhh too bad it is covered in a foot of SNOW!

Steph said...

You drive a hard bargain -$7.50??? That's some expensive labor!!! I can't believe you filled 21 bags! That must have taken hours! The pic of Malia and Carter on the tramp is classic - it looks like they are in jail! Call me one of these days!!!

Jacqui said...

Okay, this is WAY too random. MINDY ANDERTON is a little sister to one of my bestest friends from college, Tiffany. Nichole--you met my sister, Ali, at Costco on Friday. Ali and Mindy were roommates (randomly) at BYU-Hawaii! And Mindy's uncle was Ali's mission president in Honduras. And now I find out that Mindy babysat your kiddos?!! When the heck was that? When I saw Mindy refer to Marty in comment here, I knew it had to be the same...and I clicked on their blog...and vwa-la! The world is just waaayyyy too small!

Nichole said...

Wow it is a small world! She is the cutest thing! You'll have to go to her site and tell her you are stalking her AGAIN!!! How funny!