Okay so this kid has had the funniest things happen to his teeth lately. For a 6 yr. old he has lost alot of teeth. One was from biting open an ovaltine can, another from biting into a "girl cheese"/ "gorilla cheese"....he says I can't understand his language but I think he means "grilled cheese", one was lost in the middle of a baseball game as the ball was coming right towards him! But the funniest was when he was at his best friend, Jake Isom's house. They were having a big pillow fight and Jake's big sister wacked Tanner right in the face with a pillow. His loose tooth got knocked right out. Mommy Stephanie went to console him and help him find his tooth-- that is when Tanner told her "No, I had 2 teeth before" They soon realized TWO teeth got knocked out...the loose one and one that wasn't. He was pretty sad but they all started to laugh when they couldn't find the 2nd tooth. The toothfairy still gave him credit for TWO teeth...in fact she felt so bad he got extra credit. Okay....so the latest story about Tanner's teeth happened a couple weeks ago at our end of the year Baseball Party. Let me set the stage for ya...Makena wanted to go to Family Math Night the same night so John and I decided we needed to divide & conquer. I thought about sending one of the twins with him but thought it would be easier if I just took them to the party with me so he could have a little Daddy Daughter Date with Makena. So we barely get out of the car and as I am unloading the twins into our double limo stroller Tanner and Kiali ran around to the back of Cindy Antonelli's (coach) backyard! But as soon as I get to the front door they are hollering for me. I guess the boys were playing soccer and Tanner was the goalie. But Michael A. went to score a goal and kicked Tanner right in the face...his whole upper gums were sliced horizontally so you could see all his future teeth and his top (front left kanine) tooth was jammed so far in his mouth that it was dangling towards the roof of his mouth and the root was poking through the gums. Ugggg! Fortunately Steph who is a nurse, our pediatrcian Dr. Mark Valentine, his wife Julie (who is also a nurse) all showed up to the party right when it happened (their kids are on the same baseball team!) Anyway Steph, Mark and Julie looked at it, Mark phoned our Pediatric Dentist (who he just happened to have on his cell phone because he refers alot to him.) Bummer deal though, Dr. Stark our dentist was at his ward temple night! Only in Utah!!! (Funny thing...last Emergency for Tanner...I was at the temple!!!) Well I couldn't get ahold of John because he had his phone on silence over at the school...so we decided to just wait it out. Tanner calmed down a little because we started to laugh about how Courtney knocked his 2 front teeth out. He ended up watching Scooby Doo's Halloween on their TV and the rest of us went to join the party in the backyard. The babies couldn't have been better, they just sat in the stoller while this whole comotion was going on for about an hour. I almost forgot about them. I was amazingly calm the whole time until I realized I didn't know where Kiali had been the past hour. I went to the back yard but I couldn't find her anywhere. That is when the and panic set in because I thought crap while I am taking care of Tanner she is at the bottom of the jacuzzi drowning. Fortunately she was upstairs in Nicole A. room! WHAT A SCARE! I was so sick....uggghh. I think people were shocked that I was so calm with all this caous...looking back I am shocked I was so calm too! Anyway, we finally met up with John and our dentist pulled his tooth late that night! That was Thurs. and on Monday morning the twins had a check up with Dr. V...he peeked at Tanner's mouth and was AMAZED that it had healed so well. Within a few days his mouth had healed and one of his front teeth popped right into place. It looks Amazing. Here is a picture of Tanner getting his trophy that night! I think he didn't want to leave because he wanted to add it to his collection!
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment