We hiked Timp and it was a blast!!! My brother Jared and his oh so cute son Eli were visiting from Hawaii when we decided to be adventurous and hike Timpanogos. I think last time I went I was pregnant with Tanner. Oh wait, we went with Todd and Kristy a couple of years ago when Kiali was a wee little one! Nevertheless, (ohh that sounded a little scripturial) it has been awhile sinse we have gone...but I guess that is due to fact that we were in law school in Oregon. Anyway, we went with Jared, Eli, my bro and sis-in-law (Todd and Kristy) and their 3 kids (Jessica, Taylor and Ashley) and the 2 Bruer kids (Quincy and Addison) who are pratically family as well. Anyway it was hard but fun! I can't believe my 3 older kids did it almost 100% by themselves. Well Kiali free loaded a ride from uncle Todd for half of the hike up...but she walked down all by her tired self! Todd actually had it harder than John and I sinse he didn't have a back pack. John carried Carter and I carried Malia in our big baby back packs sinse obviously you can't take a stroller up there....YIKES!!! It wasn't bad at all and the babies were just excited to be out in nature. In fact they both fell asleep! But a little FYI to hikers, they won't let you take the big back packs in the caves. We heard this before we went up, so we brought our Bjourns with us for inside the cave. Man talk about being a pack horse. What do we not bring with us. I always overpack anywhere I go. I guess I figure it is easier to function with all the baby cargo and snacks. My sis-in-law Karen has a baby the same age as my twins...(it is her sixth) and she just carries her little purse with 1 diaper and 1-2 wipes. Simple huh. But not me.....even with one baby I brought the whole house. I am usually known for the mommy with snacks...I carry a little cooler with crackers, granola bars, fruit snacks and drinks in the car. I guess it is just easier to feed a kid when I am running errands than to listen to them whine and cry. (Because when I run errands I loose track of time and you never know when you may get your next meal!!!) Anyway, my theory is, it is better to be over prepared than under prepared. For example, a whole family went on the torturous hike to the top of Timp and then found out they couldn't go in the cave because they didn't buy their tickets at the bottom of the hill. I felt sooo bad for them. They got to the top but never were able to go inside!!!
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I clicked on your blog and I thought I got the wrong one, until I scrolled down and saw you!!! I love the new blog!!! It is great! I can tell you've been working hard. Timp looked really fun! I can't believe your kids made it all the way to the top by themselves. I've never taken any of my kids up there - we'll have to go next summer. Hopefully by then Tanner will be able to make it by himself.
It is so fun to hike. It is a good work out. I was pretty surprised to see old people doing it...I mean gma's and gpa's not just people old like John and I.
Let us know if you guys go next year. It is fun.
Post a Comment