The 7 of us!

The 7 of us!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Tanck whew, Eastar Bunni....not really...more like Lame Bunny!

Happy Easter... We could not have planned Saturdays Easter Egg Hunt any better! We decided to forgo the YMCA breakfast with the Easter Bunny since Tanner had a soccer game that morning. But after the game we were driving thorugh downtown & realized that they were having an Easter Egg Hunt in about 10 min. We zoomed through our neighborhood to get our baskets & got back just in time! The kids got to see the Easter Bunny & get cotton candy! Of course Sunday wasn't as smooth. We usually do the Easter Bunny on Sat but due to a tired & lazy mommy & Tanner's early soccr game we decided to ask him/her to come on Sunday. Bad idea...even if you have church at 2pm! It just took away from the whole spirit...I don't think we will do that again! The kids are shoving their mouths full of chocolate...so this is the picture we got! We told the Easter Bunny to go easy this year because our kids really didn't need a TON of candy & junk. Well it was a pretty lame year. First, as we are stuffing eggs full of candy John thinks that we need more Candy...so he runs to the store to get more! THREE more bags! Yuk we know who is really going to eat it all...ME! (Lame Easter Bunny for not buying enough candy). Then on Easter morning Kiali starts crying as soon as she starts diggin' through her basket & says "I don't like what I got" (an even lamer Easter Bunny..cheapo for not buying a $1 store colring book for VERY kid!) Then Tanner was bummed when he realizes that the College Football game that the Easter Bunny brought was for the wrong kind of Play Station (that was the lamest Easter Bunny). All around the Easter Bunny had people in tears! Next year we will try & make sure the Easter Bunny does a better job! (And by all means Easter Bunny...get Kaili a darn $1 store colring book like Malia's so she doesn't have to covet it...as if we don't have a billion trillion cazillion coloring books...I think a couple of the same kind...the $1 store doesn't change too much from year to year I guess!) A very tragic day but they all got over it pretty fast! I let then eat candy for the first day or two...then I combined it all & hid it so I could ration it out little by little & control the trash & wrappers (that is what drives me NUTS about holidays & B-day goodies...ahhh am I becoming a bah humbug...nah I think I have always ben one!) ha ha ha! :)

No comments: