Friday, July 4, 2008
Our 4th of July
I am so bummed because I didn't get any pics of one of my favorite days of the year. It was the usual 4th of July...except this one was our last for who knows how long?!? It is fun! Everyone has a slumber party at Gma & Gpa's so they can be up early for the Pepperwood Parade. (This year I took the babies home & returned early in the a.m.) We all watched the neighborhood parade & floats...all the cousins usually prefer to not be in the parade so they can get all the candy!!! (Smart) Anyway then we go to the big pavillion for breakfast. (This is the best ever reunion...we always get to see our friends that we haven't seen for awhile...it is a HUGE thing...one of my favorite times of the year!) Then after breakfast they do all the pool games. Like diving for $ and soda!!! Relay races, and my favorite is when they grease up a watermelon and 2 teams play water ball with it until the winning team scores the most points....by getting the stinking heavy thing lifted up over their heads & through a life saver....it may sound easy but this is stinkin' hard & the guys who play get mean. It is fun...except being the only girl out there some years was pretty scary. I pretty much just get in their way! (This year the guys decided not to play becaus ea certain neighbor is still pissed...sorry but that doesn't even explain how irate the guy was about loosong a couple years ago.) Then after an all day pool party we go back to Gma & Gpa for a big BBQ...this party never ends! It is like Christmas in July! I pretty much just got in their way. This is one of my favorite times of the year. We will definetly have to go back & visit for this holiday!!! Bummer I didn't take any pics...what was I thinkin'?
This year was a little trickier because the next morning we were MOVING!!! Yep we thought planning around a holiday would be great but I think we were exhausted after such a long day! That night Makena went with her cousins to the Stadium of Fire...where Hannah Montana performed (I was so jealous!) While she was there I was at home putting the twins to bed! I sent John to take Tanner & Kiali to the fireworks/carnival in Riverton (if you haven't been to this one...it is surprisingly good...they put Patriotic music over the microphones and they also have a ton of rides,etc!) I knew Sat morning would come early & we still had stuff to do! I felt like a party pooper but babies were tired...I was pooped from partying all day...and overwhelmed with the thought of moving! So here are my 2 little ones enjoying fireworks with dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment